xorg 7.3

Shawn sks at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 30 19:47:32 PDT 2007

On September 30, 2007 15:20:28 Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:51:56AM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > Actually, I think Shawn must not have been subscribed with that
> > address since it was in the Mailman queue, which requires manual
> > flushes. I just went through yesterday.
>
>  OK, thanks for that.
When I was building blfs I got quite discouraged because I had strayed too far
from the book. I had deleted my subscription to the blfs/lfs mailing lists.
Once I had my problems sorted out, I reapplied for subscription.

> > I also believe Shawn worked this out upstream.
> >
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-September/028559.html
> >
> > FWIW, I have the same problem, and it should hopefully be worked out
> > when xorg-server-1.4.1 is released.
>
>  Meanwhile, I'll try that patch against xf86-input-keyboard-1.2.2,
> but maybe not until tomorrow.  Thanks for the url.
Beware Ken, I had my peepee slapped by the maintainer because of that patch. I
am not sure, but I think the patch creates a regression once xserver 1.4.1
comes out. If you use it, I think you would need to revert back to the
original xkeyboard driver. However, I've been using it without a problem.

Shawn