Could not look up internet address for LFS6.2.

Steven Daglish s.c.daglish at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 09:05:51 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have Just installed Xfce and gdm (using the instructions in BLFS-6.2.0).
Everthing works fine, but when Xfce is running from gdm, I get a dialog box
that says the following:

Could not look up internet address for LFS6.2.
This will prevent Xfce from operating correctly.
It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
LFS6.2 to the file /etc/hosts on your system.

I then click on continue anyways, and everything seems to be working fine