TeTeX package

Andrey Batyyev generatorglukoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:14:25 PDT 2007

Hello All

I've compiled TeTeX as described in BLFS book and ran in troubles
trying to launch latex. Closer look to this package shows that there
is no latex executable at all and this package didn't provide it.

Than I googled around and found other interesting issue: I've put
/usr/share/texmf/tex into $PATH and restart bash. Tab completion shows
latex in executables but can't run or find it:

andrey at silverblood (~)$ la
lambda   lame     last     lastb    lastlog  latex
andrey at silverblood (~)$ latex
bash: latex: command not found
andrey at silverblood (~)$ which latex
andrey at silverblood (~)$

P.S. I've just started to learn LaTeX and don't ever knows what to do.

Thanks.

--
Andrey