[maybe OT] eth0 problem

Cubo Aula Info ilfigliodellaparolaavuoto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 03:02:04 PDT 2007

thank you for the advice, but I do not have /etc/iftab nor ifrename,
so I cannot have rename myself the cards.
>From manpages of ifrename:
"By default, interface names are dynamic, and each network interface
is assigned the first available name (eth0, eth1...)."
my first available name is eth0 but get eth2. The strange thing is
that from dmesg I see the kernel recognise eth0 as eth0.

this is what i did, maybe can be the cause of the problem, but in my
opinion it shouldn't:
I compiled all LFS/BLFS in another computer (with same cpu, video
card... and also same realtek network card, different memory and
chipsets) and then I backupped (tar -xpvf) it and restored the system
on my laptop and I got this problem.
I did this many times (with other distro) and never had any problem.

thank for the help
Luca