Konqueror causing Xserver 100% CPU usage

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:02:08 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Frank Ianella <fianella at verizon.net> wrote:

> konqueror http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
>
> it opens ok. FWIW, I did an strace on konqueror. Aside from a bunch of
> missing icons, the following line appears probably over 2000 times
> throughout the trace:
>
> read(3, 0x8055c7c, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
> temporarily unavailable)
>
> Not sure if it's relevant.

Seems like it's relevant. Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us what
file is, only that file descriptor 3 that's in use. Before the failing
reads start, you should see `open("/some/path", FLAGS) = 3'. If you
need to save the log, use the strace option `-o file'.

--
Dan

P.S. Nice job using strace. I've been meaning to put it in the book
forever because it's simply the fastest way to start figuring out why
things are screwed up.