Xorg 7.1 files

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:17:28 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Richard Melville <richard.melville at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I'm building a simple groupware server using LFS and BLFS.  The server
> itself doesn't need to run an X server, although the clients will, but I
> need X to compile certain packages.  I've installed all the Xorg
> headers, utilities, and libraries.  Will this be enough to compile
> packages such as TK, XPDF, etc.

Should be. As long as you're running the xserver somewhere else, then
only the client libraries should be needed on the server. There may be
a couple applications that would help, but I think they'd only be
needed on the server side at the start of the Xsession. Things like
sessreg and iceauth.

--
Dan