compiling samba with pam, but it's not finding the libraries

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 2 08:40:03 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Randy, maybe we should make this a little more robust so the .so
> versions aren't hardcoded (although, they're probably entities in the
> book source). I've been using a loop with readlink in my script. I
> think the following would work.
>
> mv -v /usr/lib/libpam*.so.0* /lib &&
> for lib in libpam{,c,misc}.so; do
>     link=`readlink /usr/lib/$lib` &&
>     ln -v -sf ../../lib/$link /usr/lib/$lib
> done

I don't have access to the book sources right now, but if I
recall correctly, they are not entities and hard-coded requiring
us to properly update the ln commands.

However, the book looks correct to me, so no telling how Alan's
installation got hosed.

I do like your idea. If you're certain it is reliable, please
update the book, or make a Trac ticket. This doesn't have
anything to do with Alan's installation, however.

--
Randy