Udev matters

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Wed Aug 29 14:09:14 PDT 2007

Hi

In attempting to get a braille display working with brltty, the brltty list invited me to show the contents of /dev/bus/usb/, from which, it raised an interesting question.  That of leading zeroes, it would appear that brltty expects the devices to have a leading zero but my lfs installation doesn't, should it?  It concerns me as I don't appear to have udev working very well.  In mounting a loop back device I have to run /etc/rc.d/init.d/udev start.  This messes up my snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss devices.  Furthermore, I understand that others have used a USB braille device from the lfs-livecd.  When I put a USB stick into the USB socket, it doesn't trigger it's configuration until I run udev.  So is there more I can do to set up the udev configuration?  It would appear that I used the svn 06 06 2007 lfs book.

    Thanks

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk