jdk 1.6 update 2 build is still failing

David Barron dlbarron at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 04:59:43 PDT 2007

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Although the above change should be added to the motif fixes patch
> because it is not technically correct, it should still work with the
> book's current xorg setup.
>
> It looks like you didn't make the symlink /usr/X11R6->/opt/xorg-7.2,
> probably because it was only added a couple of days ago.  All the
> 'grep|sed' workarounds were recently removed in favor of this one
> compatibility symlink.  It can continue to be worked around, but I don't
> recommend it at this time unless you want to continue hacking at quite a
> few beyond BLFS packages (and a couple of book packages too).
> Additionally, the symlinks are not in place for /usr/lib/X11 and
> /usr/include/X11, but those have been there for a long time.  Execute
> these commands and start over from a fresh extract of the sources and
> you should be ready to rock'n'roll.
>
> ln -s /opt/xorg-7.2/lib/X11 /usr/lib/X11
> ln -s /opt/xorg-7.2/include/X11 /usr/include/X11
> ln -s /opt/xorg-7.2 /usr/X11R6
>
> -- DJ Lucas

Well I was pretty sure I had made those symlinks but I obviously I was
wrong, the build has proceeded past the previous points, I've got
libXm.a and everything. I know I did "ln -s /opt/xorg-7.2 /usr/X11R6"
because that's mentioned in the installation instructions before the
Set/unset some variables which affect the build. That link takes you to
the Creating an X11R6 Compatibility Symlink which shows the third link
command but not the other two. Maybe they should be mentioned there as well?

Anyway, it looks to be running along happily and I have to go to work.
I'll post the results this afternoon.

Thanks for all the help on this.