jdk 1.6 update 2 build is still failing

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:53:19 PDT 2007

On 8/14/07, David Barron <dlbarron at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I tried the sed command and it looks like it got further, but now I'm
> getting a different error:
>
> First it says:
> Rebuilding
> /home/dlbarron/Desktop/jdk-build/control/build/linux-i586/lib/i386/motif21/libmawt.so
> because of
> /home/dlbarron/Desktop/jdk-build/control/build/linux-i586/tmp/sun/sun.awt/motif21/obj/.files_compiled
> ../awt/mapfile-mawt-vers
>
> Then there is a long, long, loooooooooooooooong gcc command which I can
> post if anybody wants to see it, but the result is
> gcc:
> /home/dlbarron/Desktop/jdk-build/control/build/linux-i586/motif-i586/lib/libXm.a:
> No such file or directory
<snip>
> /home/dlbarron/Desktop/jdk-build/control/build/linux-i586/motif-i586/lib/libXm.a
> does, in fact, not exist.  It is a link to

Try removing the symlink. The Makefile probably thinks the target
libXm.a is up to date since the symlink exists. It might still barf on
the rebuild, but at least that will show a different error.

In fact, what you might want to do is "make motif-clobber" so it
cleans up all the motif nonsense so you can build it again (don't do
this unless you're stuck, though).

--
Dan