Detecting network card

Shayin C K ckshayin1971 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 20:00:40 PDT 2007

My LFS system does not detect my network card.
The error message I get is Interface eth0 does not exist. The card is
detected on my Fedora 7 distro without any problems.
I checked the kernel config file to see if I had accidently left out
networking support. Nothing like that.
In /etc/sysconfig/network, networking is 'yes. Similarly, in
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ I have four files-dhcpcd, dhclient,
pppoe, ipv4. Networking is 'yes' is all of them. Am I missing something,
or is it the presence of all four files causing some problems.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shayin