Kdebase-3.5.2 Cannot compile SSL

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 28 13:57:54 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:36:51PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  If openssl is in /usr, does
>
>  find /usr/lib -name '*.so.*' -type f | xargs grep X509_STORE_new
>
>  show that it is in libcrypto and libssl ?  If it does, I'm not sure
> why it is not found.  Review the output from configure, and the
> configure script.

 For me, kde-3.5.4 is working fine with openssl-0.9.8a on this
64-bit box (just booted it to confirm that https does indeed work).
Actually, it's the configure for kdelibs which matters, and the
output shows 'Checking for OpenSSL' followed by where it found them.

Looks as if --with-ssl-dir=/somewhere is what you need, assuming you
didn't install into /usr or /usr/local.

Ken