Gnome 2.16 errors in gnome-games

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:59:11 PDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Peter B. Steiger <wyo_wl001 at bresnan.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 16:25 -0500, David Jensen wrote:
> > try as root:
> > /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
>
> How the heck did you get to be so smart?  That did the job.  I compared
> the output against the gdk-pixbufloaders file that was already there,
> and it did not in fact have an entry for SVG images.  Wonder how they
> got left out of the original install.  Anyhoo, it looks fine now.
> Thanks!

If, for whatever reason, you install to a DESTDIR, librsvg will not
run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders. It's up to the distributor to run it
later. If you didn't use a DESTDIR, then I don't really know why it
wouldn't happen. Maybe you can look through the build files for
librsvg to see why that'd happen for you.

--
Dan