KDE 3.5.4 automount of usb devices

Alessandro Alocci alessandro.alocci1 at tin.it
Sun Sep 10 08:14:40 PDT 2006

Carlos Eduardo de Brito Novaes wrote:
> 	Hello!
>
> 	I used to have that nice automount feature of kde 3.5.2, with relies on
> hal, dbus and pmount to automatically detect any new midia (cd, dvd,
> mass-storage) anf ask me what to do (mount, browse, play...). Now I cant
> get it working with kde 3.5.4, but the interesting thing is that only usb
> mass-storage arent working. I can still automount cds and dvds.

Hi, you can read this for more information:

Try to see if adding something like:

<!-- Allow cdrom members to mount volumes -->
<policy group="cdrom">
    <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement"/>
    <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel"/>
    <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume"/>
    <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.Crypto"/>
  </policy>

to your /etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf
and restarting dbus and haldaemon can be useful.
HTH, Alessandro Alocci