BLFS 6.2 Book

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:58:45 PDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> Is there a way to get a printable version of the devel. version of the
> upcoming release of 6.2. This would allow me to print parts of it that I
> want to refer to while adding the packages. I like to print things out
> so that any notes I make are right there in the "book", also as I'm
> doing this in a dual boot situation, it's not too convenient to reboot
> to the other distribution to check on something else and then boot back
> to my lfs part.

If you download the XML sources, you can generate PDF or HTML. You
need some extra tools to do the processing, though.

First, pull the book sources with svn.

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/trunk/BOOK/ blfs-book

That will create a blfs-book directory. Read the Makefile and README
in the top directory. To do anything, you need libxslt and the DocBook
XSL stylesheets. To generate the HTML, you need html-tidy. To generate
the pdf, you need FOP. All the tools are in the BLFS book.

`make' by itself will build the blfs: target which does the HTML.
`make pdf' build the pdf.

--
Dan