Few questions about LFS/BLFS....

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 06:51:29 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 06/20/06 08:27 CST:

> I'll put a mention of it in the book, but if you really want to show
> how to use it, you may want to write the hint.  I'll talk to Randy
> about it since he seemed agreeable with putting links to jhbuild in
> the book.

I've already updated the intro to GNOME page and on it I said
(paraphrased) A GNOME installation from scratch is a significant
project. There are tools you can use which can automate the
building and installation of GNOME. Though these tools are not
tested or used in the BLFS book, you should browse the material
about these tools and determine if using them is something you
want to consider. (and a link to the appropriate URL)

Hopefully, I'll be committing everything here in an hour or so.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.27] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
08:45:00 up 39 days, 45 min, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.03, 0.01