Getting in a mess with pats - X11 and fonts

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:26:25 PDT 2006

On 6/19/06, gena-j at bulldoghome.com <gena-j at bulldoghome.com> wrote:

> Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

That's the core X font system at work.  It is lovely.  In
/etc/X11/xorg.conf, there is the Files section where you can list the
fonts you want the Core X font system to use.  I personally don't put
anything in and let it use the built in path.  However, you may want
to add something like this to explicitly say where the fonts are (and
remove any that don't work for you, like CID):

Section "Files"
    FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
EndSection

Incidentally, are your fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts?

--
Dan