[OT] Re: latest wine 0.9.14 and BLFS-SVN-2006-05-28 [Solution]

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 08:54:44 PDT 2006

On 6/14/06, lfs at peram.org <lfs at peram.org> wrote:

> I dont know it this is of any value, but compiz kills Xorg for me as
> well on my laptop with an integrated  i810/i915 chipset.  Just wanting
> to report that your're not alone in beeing ".. so close".
>
> :-(

Well, that's encouraging in a way.  However, I did read on the compiz
list that somebody had it working with the open source radeon driver.
I updated Mesa, xgl, compiz, glitz and libdrm to CVS head yesterday,
but I haven't been able to give it a spin yet.  One of the problems is
that since compiz locks my system, it's really difficult to debug.
Crossing my fingers...

I'll be sure to write something up if I can get this thing working.
I'm dangerously close to just buying an nvidia card just to get a
decent setup.

--
Dan