Laptop speedstep and wifi questions

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sat Jun 3 16:00:34 PDT 2006

So far, I've been able to figure out most everything else on getting
this Asus Z71V running like a top, but I'm having a bit of a time
getting the speedstep stuff working.  I've googled, but I must be blind
as I'm really only finding info on making it work with pre-packaged
distros.  Anyone have any pointers or URL's to pages that actually
describe how it all works with 2.6 kernels and sysfs?  Apparently the
proc interface is depreciated per the 2.6.16.11 kernel.

Also, anyone know of any good tools for managing multiple wifi settings?
  I bounce between public b and g hotspots, as well as my home g with
wpa2 and b with wep.  What I have found deals pretty much with wep
alone, or is coded to assume the wifi interface is presented as ethX.