Problem with tests in NSS-3.11

rblythe rblythe714 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 3 06:39:32 PDT 2006

rblythe wrote:

> I am trying to build NSS-3.11.
>
> The patch, configure, and make portions of the instruction work fine.
> When I attempt to perform the test (as unpriviledged user), I have had
> mixed results.
>
> When I have DOMSUF=blytheworks.com, I get 346 not 770.  I removed
> everything (rm -Rf nss-3.11) and started over and used
> DOMSUF=mydomain.com. This time I get 222 not 770.  I also made sure
> that I exited out of all sub-shells before starting over.
>
> I am working from blfs-svn-20060415 and I checked the pages I
> downloaded against what is on the site now, and the instructions are
> the same.
>
> I believe that I am not understaning what a <validdomain.name> is, in
> order to get this to test properly.  Everything else on my system has
> compiled, tested, and built without a hitch, so I don't know what I am
> doing incorrectly.  Is it 100% necessary to have 770 as an end result?
>
> I did md5sum nss-3.11.tar.gz and my output matched the book so it is a
> good download.  I am stumped with this one.  Any help will be
> appreciated.  Also
>
> Thanks,
>
> rblythe

After checking the test output .html, I notices that all of the failures
had to do with TLS and SSL.  The log is too large to post in the e-mail
(I guess it is time for me to learn how to tar/compress files and not
just unpack them).

Anyway, could this have something to do with openSSL?  It is installed
per the BLFS instructions, but the version I installed was openSSL-0.97
(I think it was"i" in early April when I installed it) not 0.98a or b.

If this turns out to be part (if not all) of the problem, can
openSSL-0.98b (current BLFS-SVN) be installed without mucking up
everything else?

Thanks again,

rblythe