alsa problem with emu10k1 driver: Solved

Leo Peschier lpeschie at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 30 12:54:13 PST 2006

Compiling the kernel without alsa and separately compiling the latest
stable driver package (1.0.10) solved my problem.
I've tried to find out what went wrong. It seems that the AC97 codec
(which comes with the driver, either fron the kernel source or the
driver package) didn't load properly. I don't know why.
Leo.