Xorg 6.9?

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jan 15 03:14:54 PST 2006

Luca Dionisi wrote:
> I have modified the xorg.conf and now it works.
> I've got lots of problems with DRI, though, and I'm
> not sure that what I've done is the right path to the build.
>
> In my binaries now I'm missing xterm (is this supposed to be?)
> and glxinfo and glxgears.
> Also, if I do a "ldd" to one of the demos in MesaDemos...
> then I find that it links to libGL.so of Mesa. So I find that
> I'm missing also libGL.so from Xorg.  (is this supposed to be?)
>
> As a result, I don't get hardware accelerated support
> to OpenGL from my radeon card.
>
> Stuff for the old monolithic 6.8.2 is the only one I can
> find googl'ing .  Any hint or link to docs in the net
> is much appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Luca
I don't use DRI but I recall seeing another post very recently on the
blfs.dev mailing list about problems with Xorg 7.0 and DRI.

Xterm is indeed missing - by design. There is a link to the maintainer's
web site from the xorg website somewhere... Like on the list of
dependencies or something... Although I have had trouble trying to get
it to build so am investigating alternatives?? (Suggestions anyone?) I
see that the liveCD uses "Terminal" which I have no experience with.

Did you build and install Mesa correctly?

Also, are you building 6.9 or 7.0?

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the BLFS development list
about 6.9/7.0 so you might want to take a look at the archives of that
list...

Al