Xorg 6.9?

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:55:01 PST 2006

On 1/13/06, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did succed. I had to:
>  - run the script build-from-tarballs once to build
>       most of proto and lib for xorg.
>  - install Mesa with the commands you provided above.
>  - run once again the script build-from-tarballs
>
> now it compiled cleanly.
> But I've some problem. When I run " X -configure " it
> hangs up. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace won't work.
> I think I'll have to ... edit the xorg.conf (that I saved from my previous
> xorg 6.8.2) for various old paths.

Something is missing yet.

I have modified the xorg.conf and now it works.
I've got lots of problems with DRI, though, and I'm
not sure that what I've done is the right path to the build.

In my binaries now I'm missing xterm (is this supposed to be?)
and glxinfo and glxgears.
Also, if I do a "ldd" to one of the demos in MesaDemos...
then I find that it links to libGL.so of Mesa. So I find that
I'm missing also libGL.so from Xorg.  (is this supposed to be?)

As a result, I don't get hardware accelerated support
to OpenGL from my radeon card.

Stuff for the old monolithic 6.8.2 is the only one I can
find googl'ing .  Any hint or link to docs in the net
is much appreciated.

TIA
Luca