problems starting bind

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Jan 13 04:57:07 PST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 19:31, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Secondly, and this is the one I'm not sure of, but I think I
> remember folks saying that the IPV6 stuff causes problems. So,
> unless you *really* need and use IPV6, you should disable it in
> your kernel. Then see what happens when you attempt to start Bind.

I disabled  ipv6 with --disable-ipv6 in the bind-configure script and it seems
to be working.  I also fixed errors  in the placement of rndc key file  ( I
had missed a quote at the end!) so this too could  have been the cause of the
error.   I am just pleased  with the thing working so I am  now not going to
find out which  of the two was the cause of the error, but perhaps in the
future.   All's well then ends well and thanks to all the BLFS contributors
for help.

yours sincerely
lux-integ.