ext3 prob. following LFS6.1

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Sun Jan 8 05:14:38 PST 2006

Hi

I've finished installing LFS6.1, and am now doing further work to improve on it.  I have a problem with a partition message though that appears only on 6.1, I am also running an earlier ver. of LFS.

At boot up hda9 gives the following error:

EXT2-fs warning (device hda9): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2.     What does this mean, or rather what's causing it?

I've tried deleting the journal, running e2fsck, and starting again, this makes no difference.

If I comment out hda9 in fstab and stop it from mounting then I get failure on the next partition:

EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.                    [ FAIL ]

I can still work on these partitions despite the errors, what's going on?

thanks

MAC