mailman & php questions

Simon Scheiwiller simon at hornweb.ch
Tue Feb 21 15:48:01 PST 2006

Hi all

I need some help with a web project.

I installed a newsletter with mailman and put a php script on the page
to subscribe to the list. The php script sends a mail to
newsletter-join at blablabla, then I get two mails from the mailman. One to
confirm the subscription, and another which says I'm not allow to post
to the list.
So why do I get that other mail? It should just be sent when someone
tries to post to newsletter at blablabla.

Then, the more complex part: It's a page of a comitee, so I want people
to be able to give their names (not their email-adresses) for writing it
on the page to show who's supporting the goals of the comitee. Of
course, the names should be checked, too, so it's not possible to write
just anyones name on the list. It would be perfect to add a checkbox on
the newsletter-subscription page, so that if you subscribe to the
newsletter you can give your name to the list at the same time. But
someone needs to check manually if the e-mail-address is confirmed in
mailman and then add the name manually to the list. Is there a
possibility to do that automatically?

Cheers, Simon