help with firmware loading problems with DBVT device

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Dec 22 05:37:08 PST 2006

Greetings,

I would be grateful for some urgent  help with getting a DVBT device to work
with an oldish  LFS/BLFS setup.

The setup is about a year+ old  (the udev I think is about udev084 but it
could be udev076, kernel 2.6.17,  the dvbT device is an averTV DVBT usb2.0,
it is enabled by a firmware file downloaded  from the linuxTV site,  the
firmware file (which I put in /lib/firmware) is (dvb-usb-a800-02.fw  (and
works OK with SuSE linux for example).  (And i have used firmware files from
the said directory  on the same setup many times past.)

For my setup, I get the following  from /var/log/sys.log when I plug-in the
device:

usb 1-3: found 'Avermedia AverTV DVB-T USB2.0 (A 800)' in cold state, will try
and load a firmware

dvb-usb: did not find firmware file. (dvb-usb-a800-02.fw.)  Please see
linux/Documentation/dvb for more details on firmware-problems. (-2)
dvb_usb_a800: probe of 1-3:1,0 failed with error -2

the Linux/Documentation/dvb mentioned is of little help. help/advice from this
list will be much appreciated..

Yours sincerely
lux-integ.