Ctrl+Alt+Fn in X

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 17 15:42:42 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 02:54:37PM -0700, Shawn wrote:

> Which keyboard data sets did you go with? 7.1 requires you to make a
> choice. Either xkbdata or xkbdesc.
>
> Myself I went with the new xkbdesc, and I have been problem free.
>
> See here:
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.1/doc/RELNOTES2.html#3
>
> Shawn

 I saw that xkbdata will be officially deprecated for 7.2 - I've only
recently got i18n working adequately with xkbdata (gb, ru, el
keyboards and compose key, at least on desktops - haven't got my
ibook adequately sorted yet).  Anybody got any links to
documentation on using xkbdesc ?

 Meanwhile, 7.1 with xkbdata works for me in the Ctrl-Alt-Fn area so
I'm interested in what the 'known problem' is.

ĸen