gphoto permissions

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:35:50 PST 2006

On 12/4/06, Alberto Hernando <pajaro.go at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Also, watch out that libgphoto2 will overwrite your libltdl from
> > libtool by default. Bad! You can disable it with
> > --disable-ltdl-install --without-included-ltdl, but it still will use
> > the ltdl.h header in the libltdl directory. You can squash that by
> > passing INCLTDL="" to make.
>
> And.. why bad? I can't decide by myself, as this is one of those libs that I
> installed just because some programs wanted it, but not because I thought it
> was great.

Because we already built libtool in LFS, which provides libltdl. I'm
not sure why they need it, but I suppose they want to make sure dlopen
works on as many platforms as possible and are assuming that most
people won't have libtool installed. If it doesn't bother you that
that's happening, then don't worry about it. I'd rather have the
library built with the version of libtool that I picked instead of
relying on a random third-party app to decide that.

--
Dan