A Note on GTK+-2

Steve Brown sbrown25 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 07:44:24 PST 2005

For the last few days I've been trying to determine the source of
reproducable segfaults in several GTK apps.  After trying many things,
I finally wound up re-installing GTK+-2.8.8.  This seems to have
resolved the issues.  The only difference between this install and the
original install is that I changed the compiler optimization flags on
the original install to be customized for my system (e.g. "-O3
-march=pentium4").

So I would advise against changing compiler optimization flags on
GTK+-2 (and posibly Pango, Cairo, etc although I have not had any
issues there as of yet).

Just a friendly FYI. :)