Firefox in French (was : Re: openoffice in french)

Jeremy Monnet jmonnet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 04:37:08 PST 2005

On 12/16/05, Jean-Philippe Mengual <mengualjeanphi at free.fr> wrote:
> Oops, I forgot, I've the same questions for firefox, I installed it
> but for the French release, should I install another package or is
> there a way to change it into French when it's installed?
> Thanks very much
> Regards
> JP

OpenOffice I don't know, but for firefox one way is to install locale-switcher
http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/switch-locales/
and french language pack
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8-1.5-l10n/linux-xpi/

Maybe there are easier ways, but that is the best I found on google.

Jeremy
--
Linux Registered User #317862
Linux From Scratch Registered User #16571