Favoured email programs please

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:39:49 PDT 2005

> > ... but ... *mutt* does PGP! ... or has everyone given up on "secure
> > eMail?"
>
> I'm not speaking for Declan here, just myself.
>
> I did give Mutt a go, but objected to learning yet another set of
> keystrokes.  I have heard nothing but good things about it, however,
> approaching the twilight of my life, I'd rather spend what learning
> ability (and time) I have left on other things.
>
> Also, in my opinion, the keystrokes are alarmingly akin to those of
> emacs, and I'm a vi man.

I second the above.

There is another issue. Mutt is hugely capable but complicated, and
imho not user friendly. All the help is in a huge tome of a manual,
and you can lose days  trying to soak in some sense. If I had to do
that learning, I'd rather learn Polish, Russian, or Romanian. We (The
JWs) have a need for bilingual qualified people here. Is there some
law against things being user-friendly?

--
     All the Best

     Declan.