Wireless card

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Mon Apr 4 15:36:30 PDT 2005

Perkins, Dennis wrote:

> I just installed a D-Link DWL-AG660 wireless card in my laptop. I
> compiled pcmcia-cs and madwifi to make it work. The only problem is
> that it does not automatically set up my connection. I can establish
> the network connection manually by doing this:
>
> Ifconfig ath0 up
>
> dhcp ath0
>
> I’ve been trying to figure out why I need to do this by hand. There is
> a file called /etc/pcmcia/network.opts that has a setting for DHCP,
> and it looks like /etc/pcmcia/network use this file.
>
> Some documentation also says that I should hear one or two beeps when
> the card is detected, but there are no beeps. I don’t know if this is
> significant or not.

You shouldn't need pcmcia-cs. Take a loot at my wireless services
scripts, I can work with your to get them working. I use my laptop with
the prism54 driver, and I beleive your card is also a 32 bit cardbus
card, so you don't need pcmcia-cs tools.

Just make sure you have hotplug setup, and try these.
http://ftp.jg555.com/wireless

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org