xine has no xv

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 19 09:55:24 PST 2004

Japie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I yust compiled xine-lib-rc7 on my LFS-6-testing/blf-cvs system with Xorg.
> But xine builds without xv driver:
>  * video driver plugins:
>    - XShm (X11 shared memory)
>    - OpenGL
>    - aa (Ascii ART)
>    - fb (Linux framebuffer device)
>    - sdl (Simple DirectMedia Layer)
>    - dxr3 (Hollywood+ and Creative dxr3, both mpeg and non-mpeg video)
>    - vidix (X11 and framebuffer support)
> Does anyone has a clue about this?

I just compiled xine-lib-rc7 yesterday on an LFS-6-testing system.
Here's output from configure:

  * video driver plugins:
    - XShm (X11 shared memory)
    - Xv (XVideo *static*)
    - OpenGL
    - aa (Ascii ART)
    - caca (Color AsCii Art)
    - fb (Linux framebuffer device)
    - sdl (Simple DirectMedia Layer)
    - dxr3 (Hollywood+ and Creative dxr3, both mpeg and non-mpeg video)
    - vidix (X11 and framebuffer support)

Here's possible relevant output from configure:

checking for XvShmCreateImage in -lXv... yes
checking for libXv.a location... found in /usr/X11R6/lib
checking whether to enable the xxmc plugin with vld extensions...
checking for XvMCPutSlice in -lXvMCW... no
*** Could not link with -lXvMCW for vld extensions.
checking for XvMCCreateContext in -lXvMCW... no
*** Could not link with -lXvMCW for standard XvMC.
*** Disabling xxmc plugin due to above errors.
checking whether to enable the xvmc plugin...
checking for XvMCCreateContext in -lXvMCW... (cached) no
*** Could not link with -lXvMCW.
*** Disabling old xvmc plugin due to above errors.

I'm using XFree86. I see that there's a comment about the Xv driver
being built statically. Perhaps did you use a --disable-static
option to configure?

Hope this helps.

--
Randy