java compile error

ilja ilja at orange.net
Thu Nov 18 01:28:31 PST 2004

Hi,

I ran into a compile error while compiling java.
it complains about
os_linux.cpp:line 587: Error
'pthread_kill_other_threads_np' undeclared. First use this function

I've googled for this problem and found one earlier occurance:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2003-November/000244.html
But it didn't really provide an anwer as to why it happens. I'm not sure if
I should just remove the line from os_linux.cpp. I'm sure there must be an
explanation.

I'm building it on an LFS-6.0 platform with a 2.6.9 kernel and
glibc-20041011
I had a lot of troubles building lfs with other glib and kernel versions,
but now I managed a pretty stable system (or so I thought).

Regards,

ilja