KDE 3.3.1 cannot be started by non-root user!

Paul Lauria lauriafour74 at mchsi.com
Sat Nov 6 19:55:35 PST 2004

Thanks for the reply Randy. What I meant by "blah blah" was just the
normal messages KDE spits out when it's shut down, I didn't think they
were worth writing down. The real substance was in the error message
that I saw at the top of my screen.

Anyways, I have only this one LFS-Unstable system and so I unfortunatley
cannot test this out on other systems. I don't think this is a very
serious issue, I believe it's one that could be easily worked around,
because it would appear it's merely a permissions problem. However I
lack the necessary linux-guruness to solve it on my own ;) I know it
would help you to get a log of what exactly happened, but I don't know
where KDE keeps its logs, if it does in fact use any. Nothing relevant
can be found in my X11 logs in /var/log/Xorg*.