re a note on etiquette

eklirmr at wanadoo.fr eklirmr at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 3 12:16:18 PST 2004

On Wed Mar 03 2004 at 01:17:36 (+0100), Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> 2. And how many subscribers will we lose if the current spam ratio keeps
> up or increases because we fail to put into place a proper list policy?
> Seeing that this discussion is held allmost weekly, I suspect we will
> get casualties if the current trend of increasing spam/virus continues.

Hi Jeroen,

Since you ask, seeing spam _on the list_ doesn't bother me too much.

What does bother me is this: about a month ago I changed my e-mail
address because the old one was getting too much spam.  Up till
recently I have received no spam at all via my new e-mail address.
But twice in the last week I have received e-mails from LFS and BLFS
list management saying that my e-mail is bouncing.  The first time,
I went to the list management Web site and tried to log in, but my
login was refused, although I am certain that I was entering the
correct e-mail address and password.  A matter of hours afterwards, I
started getting spam via my new e-mail address.

I may be paranoid, but I wonder if the list hasn't been hacked in some
way and if spammers have got hold of our e-mail addresses.  If so,
that _would_ bother me.

Regards

Paul

--