KDE compile problems

Steven C. exvor at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 06:59:02 PST 2004

Actually I recompiled everything without the retarted libz.a file and eveyrthing working fine startkde is working too :). Having some slight kde issues but Im reserching them on my own for a resolution

Stephan Johach <hunsum at gmx.de> wrote:Hi!

Am Montag, 26. Januar 2004 14:45 schrieb Steven C.:
> never mind i finally got it to compile but now KDE wont start keeps
> complaining about kdestart not found YES i now hoave QTDIR=/opt/qt in
> system profile so it makes it every time and I also have the /opt/kde in
> the path too

You need

/opt/kde/bin

in your path. Try what you get when typing

which startkde

If it doesn't find it your path setting is not correct.

Stephan

--
http://www.wormsalt.de