acpi and acpid

Duane Cox duanec at illicom.net
Fri Apr 30 20:44:19 PDT 2004

Nope, I'm all set now.  I compiled my LFS with 2.4.25, which was the latest kernel at the time.  I didn't patch the kernel at all, just compiled as is.  Well I downloaded the acpid-1.0.3 package, compiled, installed, started the acpid daemon, and ran the acpid_listen app.  The stock kernel at 2.4.25 with a dell poweredge 2650 did not acknowledge the pressing of the power button.

After I downloaded the latest patch for my kernel from:
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/

I recompiled the kernel, and ran acpid_listen.  All was well. I could now see the events come in.  I configured my acpid events and all is well.

Problem fixed.  Pressing the powerbutton now shuts my server down.