reboot2

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Fri Apr 30 02:06:41 PDT 2004

> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 12:19, vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr wrote:
>
> > But Lfs is my project gor my diplome and I haven't lot of times that the reason's why I asked lots of questions

Email is slow.  Especially when everyone starts sending you flames.
Email help dries up when you don't do what you can.

I feel that your diploma will be worthless to your future employer if you
can't sort things out for yourself. Get to know the system. You're like
a kid with a math book writing in the answers. In work, you have to do
the sums!

I tried a search (in french) for PATH /sbin and there are hundreds of
hits showing lots of useful sites.

http://linux-france.org
http://forum.hardware.fr/hardwarefr/OSAlternatifs/
http://www.linux.fr
http://www.linux.lu

I want your mail out of my mailbox, so

If you want to do this quickly,

echo 'PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin'\
	>> ~/.bashrc

That puts a huge $PATH statement on the end of a ~/.bashrc, which will
probably sort it. Then read - less drinking, less television, more
reading. Everything in linux has a config file SOMEWHERE. Usually, you
have to set that up correctly. Then things work.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.