acpi and acpid

Duane Cox duanec at illicom.net
Thu Apr 29 12:33:20 PDT 2004

Hello

I compiled ACPI into the kernel as well as the button and other various features.  I also compiled the acpid, following the hints and have it setup.

But when I hit the power button on this server and the other server (different hardware) neither one shuts down.

My question is, is there a file in /proc/acpi that I can monitor for the event change when I press the power button?

At this point Im not sure the ACPI is working.  Even though they are new 2004 servers and ACPI is detected and enabled on bootup of the kernel....

Thanks,
Duane