reboot2

T.Benjamin Buckley tbbuckle at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 29 10:27:01 PDT 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 12:19 PM, <vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr> wrote:

>>> When I run
>>> reboot on a xterm
>>> I have
>>> bash : command not found
>>> I mus go to sbin and do ./reboot
>>> an idea?
>>> thanks
>>>

>> Check the PATH of your xterm
>>
>> echo $PATH
>>
>> When I do echo $PATH I have
>> etc:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/uvb
>>
>> Now what can I do?
>> thanks
>
> Hey, Vince, you ever heard the expression "RTFM"?
>
> How about www.google.com?
>
> The point of LFS is to provide a context in which users can *teach
> themselves Linux*.  If this sounds harsh, consider that I was a newbie
> once, too.  But a lot of the questions you're asking are questions you
> could answer if you take the time.
>
> Ben
>
> But Lfs is my project gor my diplome and I haven't lot of times that
> the reason's why I asked lots of questions
>
> Thanks

What level diploma?  If I had assigned a student to build a complete,
working LFS system as the culmination of a course of study in computer
science/information technology/system administration and they didn't
know how to efficiently discover how to add a directory to their path,
I would be sorely disappointed.

I just went to google.com, entered "$PATH /sbin" in the search field,
and the sixth link is this:

Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/ debian-devel-199912/msg00981.html

It took me longer to write than into this message than to find it.

Granted, it's in English.  But there's a lot of French linux discussion
groups, mailing lists, forums, etc. with archives.  I help those who
help themselves first.

Ben