lost access to /blfs-packages

Tom Black tcblack at wireless111.net
Thu Apr 29 07:34:33 PDT 2004

Somehow I've lost access to /blfs-packages as a regular user.  I have
complete freedom as su but that's bad policy.  I know it has something
to do with either chmod or chown but I've tried everything i can find in
the man pages.  Perhaps I need to reinstate my newbie tag :-)

I innadvertently (read stupid) downloaded a host of files as root and
recognizing my problem ran chown tcblack blah blah blah.

ls -l reveals
drw-rw-rw-  2 tcblack  root  4096 Apr 29 09:00 blfs-packages
files inside the directory look like
-rw-rw-rwT  1 tcblack  root  917849 Mar 31 21:30 <filename>

I ran chmod -R a+wt /blfs-packages/ as root but I still can't access the
directory (or files) as anything other than root.

Please help this poor newbie out.
--
Thomas Black
Tutored by LFS 5.0/ Registered 12818

Linux From Scratch:.˜./V\//†\\/(   )\^`˜´^
     .˜.
     /V\
    //†\\
   /(   )\