XFree86-4.3.0.1 and fontconfig-2.2.1: what's up?

zoltan fmzoltan at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 27 02:26:23 PDT 2004

I'm using BLFS-5.0 after LFS-5.0, and everything is going fine, except
that fontconfig doesn't seem to install fontconfig.h in
/usr/include/fontconfig.

I'm using the dependencies as outlined in BLFS-5.0, that is,
expat-1.95.6, freetype-2.1.5, and fontconfig-2.2.1 as seperate (more
current) packages than what XFree86 ships with, and I also install
libpng-1.2.5 prior to building and attempting the "make" of XFree86.  I
even did ye ole' "ldconfig", though I'm not having any issues with the
libpng libraries, as sometimes is the case...

My problem is with the xftint.h file, if I defined the HasFontconfig YES
in the host.def file.  I can only think that this has something to with
the missing fontconfig.h file, or something, but I am following the
instructions, as best as I can tell.

I've tried searching for the solution on the archives and the website,
but even though this problem has been mentioned, I coudln't tell what
the solution was, as that thread got sidetracked...

Thanks,
John