openssh install question

Andre nospam at spam.net
Fri Apr 23 16:42:35 PDT 2004

I would like to install openssh onto my fresh LFS5.0 system. I already
compiled and installed openssl but the openssh configure failed because
libcrypto wasn't installed.
In the openssl build directory I can see that library (and the usual
softlinks), so I'm wondering whey they didn't get installed. I followed the
instructions from the BLFS5.0 book for both openssl and openssh exactly.
I then copied the libcrypto.so into /lib by hand and created the appropriate
softlinks and restarted the configure. Now it fails with:
configure: error: OpenSSL version header not found