best way to distribute lfs to other systems

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Thu Apr 22 23:31:30 PDT 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 22:43, Duane Cox wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've just compiled my first LFS system, based on the current CVS but
> substituing a few enhancements and Glibc-2.3.2.
>
> I want to distribute this across my network to other servers.  What would
> be the best way to do this?  Tar up my LFS and put it on a CD, create a
> bootable CD and untar it to the approprate disks, then edit a few of the
> files, and be done?
>
> I'm curious if someone has a "best practices" to deploy your LFS to other
> hosts.

I rip out the HD of the target machine, put in in the source machine, do a
cp -va on most of the dir's, create the remaining dirs myself, reinstall grub
on the new location, and then put the HD back into the target machine.

That's about as compact as i could say it (-:

Let me know if you need more help.
Cedric
--
The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt