Xterm error

ilja sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 11:57:12 PDT 2004

Vincent VANDAELE wrote:

> [...]
Why don't you have makedef from lfs?
Anyway, makedef is just a little scriptfile to automate the mknod
command, nothing special.  I guess they are quite similar for any distro
and should run from anywhere, as long as you run it in the proper /dev
directory (just my guess cause I haven't tried it). I'm just wondering
why you didn't 'install' it as the lfs book suggests? IMHO leaving out
anything from lfs -or going your own way- is a recipie for failures.
Well, that is, unless you're a linux goeroe of course.

ilja