Xfree

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Tue Apr 20 13:51:53 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 22:29, Tracy Riegle wrote:
> vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr wrote:
> >Hello
[...]
> >/root/.xinitrc error line 4 tvm not found
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >Thanks
> >
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >Internet simplement moins cher avec Tele2 : http://www.tele2.fr
> >-------------------------------------------------
>
> Looks like tvm should be twm ( the window manager). Try changing it and
> see if that takes care of it.
> -Tracy

Howdy,
now that the cat's out of the bag, it's actually an acronym for "Tab Window
Manager" or "Tom's Window Manager" (I suppose "The" is equally apt) and is as
old as X windows. There might be differing opinions on this, mine is that one
should do a little headscratching before posting two messages for an error
like this.

Regards

allard at quicknet.nl