Gnome 2.6.0 icons strike again

David Barron David.Barron at sas.com
Tue Apr 20 10:25:43 PDT 2004

I've looked through the messages in the archive where the subject is "Gnome-2.6 panel icons missing" and I don't yet see a resolution to the problem.  I see lots of discussions about /usr vs. /opt and package managers, but nothing that actually solves the problem.

Any suggestions there?  I've followed the BLFS CVS to create a nALFS script and run it.  Gnome is coming up with an error "Failed to load image file-manager  Details: file not found", and my panel and menus are missing MOST of the icons.  Funny, because a lot of the icons (under Games for example) are there.

Any help?