Source not found ( again :-( )

luis jure ljure at multitel.com.uy
Mon Apr 19 13:55:25 PDT 2004

el Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:36:36 +0200
vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr escribió:

> When I make echo $SHELL I have /bin/bash

well, that's fine.

> I have a link /bin/sh it's a link to /bin/ash

do you really mean /bin/ash or is it a typo? just to be sure, type:

ls -l /bin/*sh

and check the result. i don't really think you want to use the ash shell
instead of bash. if /bin/sh really is a link to ash instead of bash, i'd
remove the link first (rm /bin/sh) and then create a new link to bash as
already indicated.

> If i do a link vers /bin/bash i can't compile any package i have errors!!!
> (I do ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh)

mmm... that's confusing, how can that be? you say your interactive shell is
bash and it's working all right... or is it?